Pet boarding refers to the temporary accommodation and care of pets in a specialized facility while their owners are away.
Pet Boarding in Newton, IA
Pet Boarding Requirements
To protect the health of our guests, we require that pets be current on their vaccinations 72 hours before their stay.
Dogs: DAPPv with Leptospirosis, Rabies, Bordetella, Influenza (bivalent), fecal test (every six months).
Cats: FVRCP, Rabies, fecal test (annually).
- We do not board female dogs or cats in heat.
If your pet is cared for by another veterinarian, then you will need to provide us with a copy of your pet’s vaccination history or have your veterinarian fax your pet’s history to us at 641-791-2484. Should any vaccines be due, they will be administered following the health screening by our veterinarian, and your bill will be adjusted accordingly. Should a diagnostic examination, or an examination for a specific problem, be requested by the owner, an examination fee will be added to the account.
Medications will be given to your pet according to the instructions you leave at check-in. Other special medication needs are met whenever possible.
We offer Purina EN, or you can bring your pet’s food from home. If you are bringing food, please bring it in a sealed, waterproof container (no glass, please). Make sure the food is clearly marked with your pet’s name, your name, and the quantity to be fed.
The pet boarding services at Parkview Animal Hospital include:
- Clean and Secure Facilities: The clinic provides clean and secure boarding facilities designed to ensure the safety and well-being of pets. The boarding areas are well-maintained, hygienic, and equipped with comfortable bedding, climate control, and appropriate amenities.
- Individualized Care: The experienced staff at Parkview Animal Hospital understands that each pet has unique needs and preferences. They provide individualized care and attention to ensure that pets are comfortable and happy and receive the care they require during their stay.
- Feeding and Medication Administration: The staff is trained in handling pet diets and medication administration. Pet owners can provide specific feeding instructions and medications, and the staff will follow those instructions carefully to maintain the pet’s routine and health needs.
- Exercise and Playtime: Parkview Animal Hospital recognizes the importance of exercise and mental stimulation for pets. They provide opportunities for exercise and playtime, both indoors and outdoors, to keep pets active and entertained during their stay.
- Monitoring and Veterinary Care: The clinic’s professional staff keeps a close eye on all boarded pets and monitors their well-being. In case of any concerns or medical issues, the veterinary team is readily available to provide necessary care and attention.